Thank you for considering Fort Sanders Perinatal Center for high-risk prenatal care for your patients. As referring physicians, we want to provide you information about why you can entrust your patients’ care to us and reasons for referrals. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our office at (865) 331-2020. Our fax number is (865) 331-1976.
Why Referring Physicians Choose Fort Sanders Perinatal Center:
Our perinatologists, Perry Roussis, MD, Gary Stephens, DO, and Steven Andrade, MD, specialize in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and have served women in East Tennessee for more than 25 years and delivered over 26,000 high-risk babies. We have offices conveniently located in Knoxville and Sevierville to provide elite high-risk prenatal care for women throughout the region.
- Pre-conceptual and pregnancy consultations
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Pregnancy complications
- Teen pregnancy
- Prenatal screening and diagnostic services
- High resolution ultrasound services
- Diabetes counseling
- Genetic counseling
Our diabetes counselors work closely with your patient to explain the importance of blood glucose control and monitoring, nutrition counseling, and medication management.
Reasons for referrals:
- Preexisting diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
Our genetic counselors identify risk factors and options to develop a personalized pregnancy care plan in conjunction with your patient’s wishes.
Reasons for referrals:
- Women older than 35 who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Couples with increased risks for birth defects, chromosomal problems, or genetic conditions
- Certain ethnicities with increased risk for recessive genetic diseases
- Detection of birth defect, chromosomal, or genetic conditions in an unborn baby
- Couples who have a child with a birth defect
- Couples with recurrent miscarriages
Our ultrasound team of 12 sonographers have experience ranging from 5 to 30 years in obstetric imaging and are certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. They couple their expertise with the entire high-risk pregnancy team of perinatologists, nurse practitioners and genetic counselors to provide excellent care and accuracy in diagnosing fetal abnormalities.
- Certified in Fetal Nuchal Translucency/Nasal Bone Assessment
- Certified in Cervical Length Assessment
- First obstetrical ultrasound department in Knoxville to be accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine in 1996
- Currently one of the largest maternal fetal medicine imaging labs in East Tennessee
About Fort Sanders Perinatal Center
Fort Sanders Perinatal Center is the practice of perinatologists Perry Roussis, MD, Gary Stephens, DO, and Steven Andrade, MD, who specialize in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Our practice has served women in East Tennessee for more than 25 years, and we’ve delivered over 26,000 high-risk babies.
Our doctors are supported by nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, phone nurses, genetic counselors, diabetes counselors, and sonographers. Learn more about our practice.